RESEARCH ASSISTANTS INTERNSHIP
Tobit Research Consulting Limited is a National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) certified research consulting firm (NITA/TRN/1926) that specializes in Statistical trainings. These trainings include SPSS, STATA, Eviews, R, Nvivo, and advanced Excel. We are also champions in Data analysis (quantitative and qualitative aspects), Postgraduate proposal/thesis advisory and Data collection. In addition, we partner with corporate entities, National & County Governments, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Community Based Organizations (CBOs) in conducting Impact assessments, Situational surveys and Market surveys/feasibility studies. We also assist the business start-ups, youth groups and women groups in developing Business plans & strategic plans, Proposals for funding for securing funding for their projects. We ensure that the business plans that we develop stand out the best chance of meeting the marketing dynamics and demand.
We offer our clients a comprehensive understanding of financial performance of their businesses. These financial advisory services include tax advisory, financial packages training, book keeping and financial audit. Our senior consultants have over time built their expertise both in the industries we serve and within consulting practices of major international firms. We align our service delivery capabilities into Strategy, Performance, Economics, Regulation and Business Systems.
The firm has vacancies for Research Assistants Internship and is inviting for application. Upon successful completion of the internship will lead to automatic hiring.
The following are the required qualifications;
- Bachelors Degree in Economics/Statistics/Finance/Accounting.
- A minimum of Second Class, Upper Division.
- Should have completed the degree between 2017 to date.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Quantitative and qualitative research or data analytic skills.
- Knowledge in Statistical Packages (e.g. SPSS/STATA/EVIEWS/R) is an added advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducting literature reviews/desktop reviews.
- Preparing quantitative and qualitative research tools i.e. questionnaires, FGDs, KII, observation checklist etc.
- Carrying out data collection using the above tools.
- Carrying out data analysis using statistics tools that is SPSS/STATA/EVIEWS/R.
- Developing the reports and policy implications.
- Carrying out presentation of reports.
- Conducting Impact assessments, Situational surveys and Market surveys/feasibility studies.
- Conducting statistical/management trainings.
- Carrying out any other related research duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should send detailed CVs and testimonials with subject “Research Assistant Internship 2022” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of applications is on Monday, 28th February 2022 by 5.00pm. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.